The coronavirus crisis has become an unprecedented economic threat. And it’s expected to get worse in the coming weeks.
An article from vox.com includes 9 charts that help to quantify the impact of the crisis on the economy.
- Jobless claims have reached literally unprecedented heights
- Unemployment claims projections even worse
- Google Trends are a leading indicator of the gravity of the recession
- This looks more like a natural disaster than a normal recession
- One in three Americans say a household member has been laid off or had their pay cut
- The Dow Jones has not been a good guide to the nation’s economic health
- Money is fleeing emerging market economies
- The stimulus package’s checks are progressive and coming soon
- The unemployment checks that are coming are important too