When you’re in the midst of a job search, you never know who could help you land that dream job you want. That means you have to go out and look for them. Here are 10 ways to put yourself out there:
1. Initiate coffee meetings with people in your network.
2. Join a networking group and regularly attend events.
3. Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date, listing highlights from current and past jobs.
4. Check the option on LinkedIn that lets recruiters know you are open to new opportunities.
5. Like and comment on articles posted to LinkedIn; share your own.
6. Ask a connection to introduce you to someone who can help.
7. Volunteer on a board or committee.
8. Ask a connection to write a LinkedIn recommendation and offer to write one in return.
9. Send notes, emails or LinkedIn messages to others to say congrats on the new job or promotion.
10. Say thanks and pay it forward. Ask others how you can help them.